Tuesday 6 March 2012

A favorite place - Svartlå

My favorite place in Sweden is my grandmother and grandfathers cabin. When my dad was only one year old they started to build this cabin by hand. It didn’t take that long to get it together. Behind the cabin there is another house, very little, and inside of that there is a sauna. My grandfather is raised in this village and he grew up just on the other side of the cottage. What I love about this cabin is that I can come here and just relax. I don’t have to think of everything that’s happening in the outside world. We have running water in the crane. But the water is from the river so we have to get the fresh water from a cold source that’s just a hundred meters away and there is the best water I ever tasted.


This picture was taken a few years ago, but I didn’t have any newer of the inside of the cabin. The little girl on the picture is my little sister. Sense there is my grandfather and grandmothers cabin the furnishings and decorations are very old, but I just thinks that it fits very good to the cabin and just makes it cozier.

The little house a few meters away is our sauna.

I hope you liked my presentation of my favorite place in Sweden :*

5 comments:

  1. Wow, great idea!
    When i was a child I always wanted have a cabin on the tree :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. This place looks so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, it´s a really wonderful place to be on! :)

    ReplyDelete